Constitution of Producers Guild of Ghana (PGG)
We the members of PGG with the aim of forming a union representing all Producers from the broad spectrum of entertainment and factual programming, whose Parent companies are located and operating in the Republic of Ghana hereby adopt unto ourselves and promulgate this Constitution. This Constitution shall be construed with reference to the provisions of the Companies Code, 1963 Act 179 of the Republic of Ghana for the being in force and terms used in this Constitution shall be taken as having the same respective meanings as they have where used in the Code except where otherwise herein provided.
Article 1: Name and Domicile
- THE PRODUCERS GUILD OF GHANA shall be called "PGG”
- PGG shall be registered with the Registrar-General's Department as a company limited by guarantee in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Code, 1963 Act 179 of the Republic of Ghana for the being in force.
- PGG shall have its own legal personality under law and in accordance with Section 24 of the Companies Code, 1963 (Act 179) shall, for the furtherance of its authorized objects, have all the powers of a natural person of full capacity except in so far as such powers are expressly excluded by this Constitution.
Article 2: Aims and Objectives of PGG
The aims and objectives of PGG are:
- To form a unique and dynamic entity, composed of forward – looking Producers (TV, Film, Theater), who are looking for national and global competitiveness.
- To represent and promote the commercial interest of members within and outside the borders of Ghana.
- To actively lobby government, its agencies, and other strategic entities directly or indirectly responsible for licensing, regulation and monitoring of TV, Film and Theater in Ghana
- To negotiate favorable trade terms and working relationships with all the television networks, Film Distributors, Theatres, and all relevant corporate bodies
- Develop affective and efficient interface and sound working relationship with Broadcasters, Actors, writers and general talents in the TV, Film and Theater industry
- Develop strong relationship and interface with investors and financial institutions to attract funding for the TV, Film and Theater industry in Ghana
- To create capacity building opportunities for all its members toward general improvement of the standard of TV, Film and Theater in Ghana
- Promote synergistic relationships and collaborations amongst members (engender co-productions, etc.)
- Organize or cause to be organized
- Product or Service Markets
- Other events
- Undertake foreign exhibitions
- Lobby for tax breaks and other incentives
- Set up an effective standardization regime and effective distribution channel for productions of members
- Form local/foreign connections of all kinds – Access funding (local/ International)
- Develop a consistent strategy of training and retraining of members through courses, seminars, conferences and the like
The overall goal of the guild is to empower its members to become competitive nationally and globally to help increase their earnings.
- Next >>