Constitution of Producers Guild of Ghana (PGG)
Article 20: Organs of PGG
Organs of PGG shall be the following:
- Executive Committee
- Members at General Meeting
- Such Standing Committees as may be appointed from time to time.
Article 21: The Executive Committee
There shall be an executive committee composed of:
- A President
- 1st Vice President
- 2nd Vice President
- General Secretary
- Communications Officer
- Deputy General Secretary
Other executive positions will be created and filled, as the need arises
Article 22: Responsibilities of the Executive Committee
The Executive Committee shall be responsible for initiating and supporting all measures for fulfil the aims and objectives of the producers guild and shall be responsible for its administration
- Notwithstanding the generality of clause (a) of the section, the Executive Committee shall in particular undertake the following functions:
- Policy initiation and implementation
- Administration of PGGs Assets
- Preparation for the Members Annual General Meeting
- Establishing the annual accounts within three months after the end of the financial year.
- Admission and expulsion of members
- Organisation of other meetings; and
- Responsibility for issuing out publications.
- The President shall maintain a secretariat to administer the day-to-day administration of PGG.
- The General Secretary shall act as the secretary to the Governing Board and also as Secretary to the Members' Annual General Meeting. He shall also be responsible for the administration of the secretariat of PGG. All Books, Documents, Records and Papers shall be in the care and control of the General Secretary and shall be kept at the national or regional offices of PGG
Article 23: Minutes
- Correct minutes of the proceedings of PPG at the Annual General Meetings, Executive Secretary and all other Committee meetings shall be kept by the Secretary General or such other person has may be appointed for that purpose and such minutes shall be open to the inspection of members.
- Members of the Executive Committee shall be entitled to receive one copy each of the minutes of all committee meetings.
- Minutes of all meetings of PGG shall be kept in accordance with section 177 of the Companies Code of Ghana (Act 179).
Article 24: Powers of the Executive Committee
The Executive Committee shall have power:
- To take offices or acquire premises for the use of PGG, and to appoint an Administrator and such other officers as in its opinion are necessary for the due conduct of the business of PGG, with annual salaries or otherwise, to engage professional assistance and to make regulations concerning Conditions of Service and remuneration for all persons employed by them. In particular, and in view of the stated objectives of PGG, the Executive Committee shall have power to engage a firm of professional legal practitioners to provide, among other things, legal advisory services to members of PGG and to assist the Executive Committee in the preparation of proposed subsidiary legislation and other legal instruments, among other things.
- Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, to arrange their own meetings and regulate their own proceedings, to manage and superintend the affairs of PGG and act in the name of PGG.
- In any transaction with PGG or on its behalf and in exercise of their powers, members of the Executive Committee shall observe the duties and obligations imposed on them by Section 203 of the Companies Code, 1960 (Act 179)